Tuesday 14 January 2014

High Hopes Sneak Peek Day 2 and new challenge

Day 2 of the sneak peeks from High Hopes - this is "Herbie" (available to purchase from tomorrow)

Enjoying the sneak peeks?  Be sure to leave a comment on the High Hopes blog as a winner will be chosen for a prize package of some of the new designs from one of the comments over the 3 Sneak Peek posts.

I've coloured him (though Greg thought it was a 'her'!) with pencils, and added clear gloss to the chickens beaks and feet, and also to the centre of the rosette.
I chalked some clouds in to resemble a sunny day and there's also a touch of brown at the bottom, but my camera didn't really pick these up.  I've also used some of my new red enamel bling (which I'm lovin!).

Our challenge at High Hopes this week is 'On a Sunny Day' - play along with your High Hopes stamps and you could win a new one of your own ... maybe you'll choose one of these new release stamps!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Tuesday Throwdown #178 - stripes
Papertake Weekly - Yew Year, New Stash
Die Cuttin Divas #148 - out with the old (my Die-namics fence die) and in with the new (my stamp)
Simon Says Stamp Monday - anything goes
Dream Valley #73 - boys/men
CraftyHazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge - January

11 comments:

Benzi said...

Herbie and his chickens make the cutest image. I like the added fence. Great papers and nice sketch.

Bernice said...

I love this one Lynne - it's so like Nathan with his wee hens - he carries them around and talks to them!
Bernice

Dan said...

Great card, I love how you've used the striped backing paper to tie the colour scheme togther! Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Jackie said...

Two happy cards this week Lynne :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

so stunning lynne.gorgeous design and I love the fab image ;D

xx coops xx

Hazel said...

Please ignore my previous comment - wrong hat on!! It should have been: Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for January with your lovely card - hope to see you again soon. x

Crafty Judith said...

Fabby card hun love it and thank you for playing along at Tuesday Throwdown Judith DT x

CraftyGirl said...

Super cute card and I also love the picture of Ruby your little pup. I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Tuesday Throwdown DT

Connie Can Crop said...

He is definitely a cutie! Love the picket fence background and the tab too! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas. Scrappy Hugs, Connie Can Crop

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lynne :-) the image is super cute and I love the papers, layout and fence, altogether fabulous :-)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

melsanford said...

Fab male card :-) Thanks for joining our challenge at Dream Valley! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx