Sunday 4 May 2014

Girly Birthday

I've hardly any of my staple cards left in my stash, so hopefully this week I'll get some girly, male, sympathy and baby cards made.
This one uses an Uptown Girls image - coloured with pencils.  I've always struggled with my shading, but have discovered if you put a light layer of colour on, then blend it, you can then just pencil in your darker shading and don't bother blending again.  Much easier!

Taylored Expressions ric rac border die; woodware corner punch;


9 comments:

MagsB said...

This is so colourful and pretty, Lynne! I love those Uptown Girls, they are so elegant! Lovely!

love Mags B x

Benzi said...

Cute girly image and love your ric rac. You did a fine job coloring your image, Lynn. I know you're going to have a week of fun...home and away.

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card Lynne, love the images... may have to go shopping! Jo x

Patti J said...

Cuteness! If I ever get to. NI, or you ever get to STL, this shall be us! Love it, dear friend!

Jackie said...

Very pretty card, lovely colouring :o)
Jackie xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lynne this is totally gorgeous I love those images so much also the fabulous colours you have used the card design is ACE.
hugs
lorraine x

Mandy said...

Another fab creation Lynne, thank you for sharing it with us over at Let's Craft and Create for our latest challenge.

Claire said...

Gorgeous card - love the image and bright colours. Hugs, Claire x

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous card, Lynne! I love the colours you used. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes!