Tuesday 16 June 2015

Embossed Ellie

This card was inspired by Marion's beautiful card over at the Muse Challenge.  I was rooting through my stamps to find something that would maybe go with Marion's theme when I came across this old cutie from Wild Rose Studio - coloured with watercolour pencils.

I also loved Marion's idea of embossing in the BG of the image panel - I used a super old mini Ellison Design embossing folder.  I love the finished effect, I'll definitely be using this technique again :)

Muse challenge #122
Crafty Creations #291 - embossing
Creative Knockouts #93 - use your stash
Papertake Weekly - ohh so pretty
Crafty Catz #283 - clean and simple
Sister Act #110 - anything goes
Stamp Ink Paper #1 - getting to know you - I used my favourite CAS style, cute image and watercolouring :)




21 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

TOTALLY CA-UTE! What a fun elephant~

ps - Your wee Ruby is adorable too!!

Cheryl W. said...

Lovely, soft colors, and that elephant is adorable! I like the fun font in your sentiment, too. Is that a stamp?

papierelle said...

I love this sweet elephant. It makes me happy.
Greetings Gundi

Jackie said...

Very sweet image and a fabulous card, love those stripes :o)
Jackie xx

Sarah said...

What a cute elephant!! That embossed background certainly looks brilliant too xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Lynne this is so beautiful also cute and adorable, what a terrific card design I adore that wee image and the colours a super, super make
hugs
lorraine x

Janette said...

Gorgeous and cute card, such soft colours too....
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Dotty Jo said...

I love this card... Almost as much as the beautiful card you sent for my birthday! Thank you so much, Jo x

Patricia Alvarez said...

This card is so cute!!! Great design and coloring. I love the embossed background. Thank you for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge, good luck!!!

MagsB said...

This is adorable, Lynne! Such a cute image and pretty colours!

love Mags B x

Erin said...

What an adorable card! Your coloring is gorgeous!!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

So soft and gorgeous.

Pam said...

What a sweet card. Love the ellie and the balloons. Greta water coloring!

Aileen said...

Love this card, the colouring is just perfect and the elephant soon cute.

Unknown said...

Cute card and colors! Thanks for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper!

Maggie Mata said...

Your card is just as adorable as Ruby. If she's ever missing, come look for her in Sacramento, CA. =) Thank you for joing us for our first card challenge at Stamp Ink Paper. I really hope you continue to show us your wonderful talent each week.

Ardyth said...

That image is super-sweet and your colouring is amazing! This card feels fun and happy! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Marion said...

This is just so so sweet Lynne! Love that image. Thanks so much for playing along at Muse this week.

Darnell said...

Yay, Lynne, I voted for your adorable card and I was thrilled to see that everyone agreed with me!! Congratulations on being the favorite at SIP!!! Hugs, Darnell

Joan B said...

adorable. love those embossed circles

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely adorable card!