Monday 23 November 2015

The oddest Anniversary card ever?

OK, so my brief for this anniversary card was for a workmate's husband who's a bit geeky with glasses and loves books and their cat!  (Her words, not mine!) Think I have it covered there ;)

I used a few sets from Paper Smooches - coloured with watercolour pencils and clear gloss added to his boots and specs.
Peel off sentiment ... went a bit wonky though, think my '12' maybe isn't on a matching slant to the words?

My card was inspired by Tracey's card over at the Muse Challenge .. I used her general layout with an image in the bottom corner, sentiment in the top, and a coloured base.  I had a little snippet of green card left, so used my Paper Smooches heart die to add a bit of love to the card!

14 comments:

Sarah said...

You are too hard on yourself Lynne, this is a brilliant card and fits the brief perfectly. Lucky you had stamps to fit!! xx

Cheryl W. said...

I think I would have had a much harder time fulfilling that brief! You've done a grand job of it, and I bet Tony loves it (and his wife for giving it to him).

Tracey McNeely said...

Lynne this is such a cute and creative card for your co-worker. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Muse this week!

Jackie said...

Very odd indeed, but if it's what the customer wants.....
Having said that, you have filled the brief admirably, I love it :o)
Jackie xx

Barb said...

A great fun card Lynne. I think you hit the brief perfectly too. Barbxx

Di said...

LOVE this Lynne - really personalised and that's what matters so much more than just any old card. You did brilliantly!

Hugs

Di xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Funky, fun and fabulous image, great colours and thanks so much for playing along this week!
Sarah xx
Less is More

Ankie vd Polder said...

This is cute... Have a nice day, Ankie

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet card! Love your wonderful coloring.

Ardyth said...

Love this personalized card - that's what makes this hobby so great - to be able to create meaningful gifts for people! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Lynne!

Chrissie said...

What a cute card Lynne, I'm sure the recipient will be delighted with this!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Lynne this is great - just what your customer asked for - fun card!
Thank you for playing along at "Less is More" this week
Anne
"Less is More"

Neets B said...

Wow, you did brilliantly with the brief. Such a fun card too.
Thanks for sharing at Less is More and Muse, Anita x

Deni(se) said...

Cute! It is sure to make your workmate's husband GRIN!