Tuesday 22 March 2016

A two-fer the price of one

I've no sympathy cards in my stash, and I'd loved Tracey's beautiful card over at the Muse challenge #158 so I thought I'd have a go.

For my first card I had a play with my new heat tool, the last one went to the craft room in the sky a while ago.   I don't think this image is quite striking enough to carry off this look, but the grey colouring in the background helps a bit.  I also think it would have been better with the sentiment stamped in grey.

So I had another go, and this time stamped my image in black ink.  I coloured my flowers with watercolour pencils, and tried to copy Tracey's two-toned flowers.  I like the effect, but still think this card is a bit boring.  I tried to jazz it up a bit by adding Spectrum Noir sparkle to the flowers and clear gloss to the jar.

Ah well, it's another 2 cards for my stash ;)

16 comments:

Sarah said...

They are lovely Lynne and perfect for sympathy cards xx

Cheryl W. said...

They're lovely, Lynne! I really like the gray in the background on the first one. It sets off the image so nicely. I love this image, and I'm always glad to see you've used it on another card.

brenda said...

You have been productive this week Lynne with two more lovely cards, both are very soft and delicate and like you I did like Tracy's inspirational card.

Many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxxx

Cara said...

I think they're beautiful. So delicate and perfect for sympathy cards. I love the doodled border on the second card. Cara x

Dotty Jo said...

These are gorgeous. Unfortunately, I've got to make a sympathy card this weekend, Jo x

Buffy Burnside said...

these are beautiful, I really love the first one!

Lucille K said...

2 very pretty cards; the gray does set off the image a little more, just lovely :)

Ann said...

Both are very pretty. So glad you joined us at My Time To Craft!

Tracey McNeely said...

I think tat your card turned out beautifully, I really love that pretty flower arrangement and your grey int he background really makes it pop! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Muse this week!

Ardyth said...

I love seeing different cards with the same supplies - it reminds me that I don't need to keep buying (but I do! lol!) So glad you joined us at Muse with this pretty design, Lynne!

Marilyn said...

Both cards are beautiful ... it's fun to see different approaches.

Viv said...

Two lovely cards - really like the soft delicate colours.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
Viv (DT)

Dora said...

Beautiful, so soft looking, delecate.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

Ashwini Rao said...

I think the cards turned out beautiful! Love the grey background and the soft look in the first one.

Trina De Zeeuw said...

I think the grey on the first card really helps the flowers pop. It totally makes the image striking. Great job.