Thursday 17 March 2016

Belated Birthday flowers

Happy St Patrick's Day!  We had the most beautiful blue skies and wall to wall sunshine today, so it was a great day for all the St Patrick's Day parades.  Didn't go to any myself ... couldn't be annoyed with the parking and the crowds!

Anyway, I've been trying to challenge myself more with sketches that I would find difficult, so I had a go at this week's Muse challenge with Anita's gorgeous card (right)

I used my Power Poppy stamps and my one and only coloured ink pad.  For a bit of extra interest I added a few sequins from my Taylored Expressions mix and also added some Spectrum Noir sparkle to the flowers and leaves.  I love how this turned out!

10 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

Pretty! Love this layout. I didn't go to any St. Pat's parades either. Was volunteering all day, so that kept me out of trouble. ha!

Pat said...

Lovely card with a beautiful image and great design. Thanks for joining in at MTTC.

Pat xx

Ardyth said...

Beautifully done, Lynne - love how the sponging blends out so perfectly! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

brenda said...

A beautiful floral creation Lynne with super stamping and inking, many thanks for joining our Flower Power theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

And I also like your gorgeous feminine version!

OttawaMom said...

Beautiful card! Love the added sparkle and the sponging looks great! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Aileen said...

Stunning Lynne, so eye catching. Love it.

Patti said...

Wow!! this is amazing Lynne!! What!! with all these amazing cards you create you only have one colored ink pad! wow!! Stunning! : )

Patti

Neets B said...

Beautiful stamp choice and your ink blending fades out beautifully.
Thanks so much for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

Nancy said...

Beautiful Lynne! Thanks for sharing your talents with us over at Seize the Birthday!