Wednesday 17 August 2016

Owls, a sleepy kitten and a card for Nicole

I remember when I first started cardmaking many moons ago, I struggled for such a long time to find my 'style'.   I only wish I'd known before I spent a small fortune on crafty stuff that it was mostly Clean+Simple!

I still find very 'simple' CAS cards like this one difficult - I've the urge to add some doodled borders or some ink splatters ;)
These cute little owls are from Catsonappletrees - I added some clear gloss to their eyes and then some googly eyes to the bigger one.  I also added some clear gloss to the kite, after covering it with my clear sparkle pen.  Bling from Taylored Expressions. Sentiment from Eat Cake Graphics:
8151-D Happy Birthday (fun text)



Now, this little kitty card just makes me happy :)  Isn't it great when a card turns out like you imagined it - doesn't happen to me very often!
My kitten, mouse and dream bubble are from MFT - coloured with watercolour pencils.  I covered the 'dream' with several layers of my clear sparkle pen, so it's lovely and glittery.  Background splattered with pink and grey, and then a few sequins/stars.  Doodled border.
And finally .... a special request 18th card.  I need to get me some more grown up teen type stamps - any I had in my stash involved birthday cakes or drink, and on this occasion they just weren't suitable.
Anyway, I've ended up using this girl from Saturated Canary - coloured with watercolour pencils and a few highlights in glitter added.  She kinda looked like she was floating on a magic carpet, so I grounded her a bit, but it still doesn't look right.  Ah well, it will have to do.    Silver peel off letters from stash.
That's me done for the night!  I've a busy day or two planned for the rest of my week off, and then some nice shopping for my holidays (as opposed to boring old food shopping!) - so you might get some peace and quiet from me ;)

15 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

These are all wonderful cards, Lynne. I think you do such a wonderful job, no matter what style you incorporate. I'm STILL not quite certain what my style should be. The one thing I do know is that it is not shabby chic. I can't bring myself to put torn and worn papers on my cards. LOL

Patti said...

Lynne! these are all amazingly sweet but then again you KNOW I love your style! You should add FUN to your style too because you always have the sweetest FUNnest! images.

The last card for Nicole is colored to perfectly! that image is darling and the way you added the stripe pp to the bottom of your card was brilliant!

I'm with you that sleeping cat - dreaming of a sleeping mouse - makes me happy! Purrr-fect coloring AND splatters!

Finally those big-eyed birds are delightful!!

Love your style friend!!

Patti

Jenni's Jems said...

You have been busy beautiful card and so many different techniques used and your Muse card this week is so cute ...love the googly eyes !Thanknyou for joining us this week x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sparkles, good luck!!! Amy DT

Ardyth said...

Fantastic cards! I love CAS as well, but lately I've been enjoying experimenting with messier techniques, too! It's just fun to create! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Lady Joyful said...

Adorable cards! The owls and kitten are so cute.

Blossom Cards said...

lovely cards thanks for sharing with creatalicious Rachel DT

Marilyn said...

Fantastic cards!. Love the card for the Muse Challenge ... googly eyes are always fun.

ike said...

Fabulous cards and I love the dreaming kitty. I think you CAS style is wonderful - it's something I struggle with cuz I always want to add more !! LoL
Thank you for purring along to SUYP Cats Challenges.

Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

coldwaters2 said...

Three brilliant creations Lynne, love the two CAS style ones they are full of humour, the third one s absolutely gorgeous great colours a superb set of cards
hugs
lorraine x

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely cards, Lynne and yes, it took me a while to work out that CAs is best for me too! Jo x

Julie B said...

Fab trio of cards Lynne, a sweet image and fab interpretation of the SS sketch too.
So pleased you joined us at ATSM. :)

Aileen said...

Wonderful collection of cards, they all look brilliant. Funny you should mention knowing your style before you spent on lots of stuff you will never use. That is so so right, I think the same as I currently am packing (not getting rid of yet, stuff that is crowding out the space and not being used. You know that idea of pack it, if you don't go to it in a year, don't look at it again just donate it.
Now back to the cards, your girl in the end card looks wonderful, yes she looks a little floaty but that suits her image, be happy. We all think she looks brilliant.

Judy1223 said...

Lynne, I love your adorable card for CASology...that cat is having a great dream! I love your doodled border, too...fabulous! Thanks for playing along atCASology this week!

Melanie said...

A wonderful card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional black & white + one colour” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)