Tuesday 24 January 2017

Spring flowers calendar


Well I hadn't decided what to spend my $50 winnings on at Simon Says Stamp until I made this card.  I made a hash of stamping the yellow flowers and had to stamp them again over the top, so my winnings are going on one of the new Tim Holtz stamping platforms!  Well I always figure a 'present' should be something you would never buy yourself, and I would never have spent so much on something that wasn't a stamp or dies!
Anyway, I was so late with Mum's calendar page last month (I was at least a week late!) that I thought I'd get ahead of myself with February.  I used my Simon Says Stamp flowers and coloured them in nice bright colours to look like crocus blooms.  Coloured with watercolour pencils and then I went over my flowers with my clear glitter pen to give them a nice shimmer.  I've used my lovely MFT alpha set again, reckon this one is going to be a firm favourite!

10 comments:

MagsB said...

So pretty and springlike, Lynn!

love Mags B x

Sarah said...

That sounds like a fine thing to spend your winnings on Lynne. However, those crocuses actually look brilliant as does the new letter stamps xx

Cheryl W. said...

Those flowers do indeed look like crocuses. So pretty! Have fun with your new stamping tool. I sure do love mine!!!!!

Sue said...

Gorgeous Lynne! and thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue J xx

Jo Nevill said...

Such a pretty calendar page
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely! Jo x

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous calendar page Lynne the image and colours are perfect for the season of Spring
hugs
lorraine x

Stacy Morgan said...

Adore these flowers with the stitching... Very springy and sweet. I am doing a monthly calendar for a friend and this is a great idea writing it out. I always wait to buy one, will try this next year.

Hannelie said...

This is so beautiful Lynne!
Love it!
So glad you joined us at CASology!

ChristineCreations said...

What sweet doodly flowers! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy this month!